Book Club and Tea Party

Ship Fever by Andrea Barrett
My dear friend Kerry and I started our own little book club a few years ago. We didn't really care for the traditional book club books so we started our own. We love the classics, anything written before 1950, and the Man Booker Prize award winners (which was Kerry's suggestion and thank you for that).

We also love to bake and cook and drink tea. What better combination?

However, we don't have as much time to get together. So why not have our book club and tea party on line? And you are invited to join us.

We will pick the book and set the date to discuss it. I'll post recipes for our favorite tea time sweet and savory treats. You read the book, make some treats, brew a cup of your favorite tea (or make a Whidbey Fizz), and join us in our discussion. Of course, you are welcome to join us at any time. How about we keep the posts open for a week after we set the date? That should give everyone a chance to read and share comments.

Comments

  1. Love it Cathy! I will try to participate, but I can't promise finding the time to read in a timely manner, but I will do my best! I look forward to the sweet treats and tea though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds great, I definitely want to participate. But, like DivineFamily, I can't guarantee that I will get every book read. I will try, though! Mostly I will be checking in just for the recipes. :) Right now I am re-reading "To Kill a Mockingbird." Wow. What great writing, so humorous and powerful and amazing. I had read it decades ago, and now it seems even more meaningful and important, in the age of Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I think "To Kill a Mockingbird" would be a good book to discuss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts